Dale T. Phillips – Writer
Scary Books and Murderous Crooks
This is one rounded corner of the writing world of Dale T Phillips, New England writer– novelist, poet, short story writer (with over 70 stories published). Short biography here. Want to see something? Send me a message. And thanks for stopping by.
- I’m featured on Killer Crafts & Crafty Killers, talking about Portland and writers from there.
- Also in author Carmen Amato‘s newsletter, with a short interview.
- A feature on Dana King’s blog, where I talk about writing, my latest book, and a few other things.
- My interview on Sci-Fi Saturday Night, where I talk about writing, my story in My Peculiar Family, and other things.
- An interview from Kameel Nasr with me up on YouTube.
It’s a Mysterious Christmas with SinCNE- The New England chapter of Sisters in Crime (SinCNE), a group of writers and fans of the mystery genre, hosted our annual holiday event.
- I took part in the Local Authors Fair in Chelmsford, MA.
- On the following day, I was signing books at The Silver Unicorn Bookstore.
- More events I took part in:
Boston Book Festival– and Sherlock’s Last Case– read about them here.
- Author discussion on Mystery writing at the Pelham Public Library, and a workshop on Writing More Than Your Book: Queries and the Business Side of Writing- at the Thayer Memorial Library. Read about them here.
- And here’s a report on the annual Crime Bake Mystery Conference.
- I went to the world mystery conference of Bouchercon!
- I was on a panel at the Killer Nashville Annual Writers’ Conference in August, in Franklin, TN, on the Action/Adventure panel!
Big writeup of the event with pics of all the cool people I met– like the guru of Indie publishing, J.A. (Joe) Konrath.
ATTENTION Book Clubs/Libraries/Schools:
Dale is a featured member of the Sisters in Crime Speakers Bureau, a teacher and lecturer on writing and publishing, and frequent panelist at conventions, including Bouchercon, Killer Nashville, and Crime Bake.
He has some interesting stories on a host of subjects: having Stephen King as a writing teacher, Jeopardy, making movies, writing in different genres, and aspects of the writing and publishing world.
He enjoys connecting with readers in Book Club Meetings either by Skype or in person, if possible.
Contact for more info.
A Sharp Medicine– The fifth in the Zack Taylor series.
Zack Taylor’s life is once again in shambles. Having narrowly escaped death, guilty over the pain he’s caused a loved one, he’s hurting and angry. When looking into the disappearance of a reporter, Zack’s death wish may be his cure for his troubles as he uncovers corruption and evil in a world of politics, passion, and power.
All The Crooked Paths– All three 5-story collections in the Crooked Paths series of crime and mystery– combined into one book.
The entire collection of three books: Crooked Paths, More Crooked Paths, and The Last Crooked Paths. Five stories each of mystery and crime, dark chronicles of those who walk a crooked path, and so very often pay a terrible price for what they do.
The Last Crooked Paths– The final 5-story collection in the Crooked Paths series of crime and mystery.
Here are five more tales of crime and mystery, telling of those who walk crooked paths and pay the price for it. Here are crooks and cops, killers and victims, and those who walk the line between good and evil. Take a few short trips down the darker side of life, where crime can be a casual or planned event. This set of stories shows people on the run, and police and ordinary citizens solving crimes. Sometimes the perpetrator gets away, but so often people pay for their deeds.
Welcome to The Horror Society’s anthology “Horrific Beginnings.” All the authors are part of a community of individuals committed to making the world a little darker than they found it. The stories contained within are the earliest works from these authors. My story Yesterday and Today is my first published and paid-for story, a dark little tale about our possible future.
At the cutting edge of crime fiction, Mystery Weekly Magazine presents original short stories by the world’s best-known and emerging mystery writers. The stories we feature in our monthly issues span every imaginable subgenre, including cozy, police procedural, noir, whodunit, supernatural, hardboiled, humor, and historical mysteries. Evocative writing and a compelling story are the only certainty.
Superbly crafted tales of science fiction and fantasy from around the world. Previously unpublished stories that will take you to new realms, experience mystic sorcery, meet strange creatures, travel through time and visit distant galaxies! Turn the pages and let your journey begin today.